Thursday, March 23, 2006

Come kick it with Jesus

I think the bible is a wonderful book. Its a tool that gives a compass for morals and behaviors. It has the most wonderful stories in it. You can look to it for guidance on any subject you want. Not specificly but through interpretation there is something in there that relates to any situation.

That's the proverbial rub. It's all about interpretation.

Most of the bible was written and rewritten by poets and playrights hired by kings. Then it was copied, edited, rewritten, copied, translated, copied, and on and on for generations. The true word from the original writers is so diluted and manipulated it's a shame. Does that stop the zealots? Hell no. When faced with adversity what is a religious zealot to do? Well, take bits and pieces from the bible that work with your arguements and don't talk about the rest. Then quote your hand picked scripture to prove God is with you and condemn everything and everybody against your interpretation. That's all it is, whether they admit it or not, their personal interpretation of what they think God wants. I've got an interpretation too.

A white men, a black man and Jesus walk into a bar. The bartender for some reason or another says "My uncle passed away a little while ago and you know I been thinking about being up in this bar surrounded by all this sin. I must admit I've done a little bit of wrong myself. I don't know what to think about it all. I'm lost in this big ol' world and I don't know which way to go. You clean looking fellas look like exactly the type of people that can help me. What should I do?"

The white man stands up, waves his bible and says "First thing son, you're not gay are you?" "No" replies the bartender. "Good" continues the white man. "Tell me everything you ever did wrong, son. Live by this great book because everything in it is absolutely true and pledge your life to me. Repent all your sins and walk with me in Christ the Lord. Then we will travel the world forcing our teachings of love and respect and holinesson everybody. We will destroy anything and kill anyone that is even remotely against us until the whole world believes in what we do and follows us."

"What you need to do" says the black man "What ya need TO DOOOO, is uh, change your life, uh I said change YO LIIIIIFE. Live by the word of GOD as given to us straight from his mouth to the page to the bible,uh. Then fix this place up uh, get some marketing, and a gimmick, and put the butts in the seats, and get rich. By a Benz, get a house, uh I said you need to get RIIICH. Like God wants you to. Then when you give back 10% to GOD, uh for giving you all your riches that he wants you to have. Pray about your problems. I said PRAAAAAY ABOUT IT. Then donate to the church fund, and the pastor's fund, and this fund, and that fund. Then GOD will be with you and let you, uh, LET YOUUUUU, uh, INTO HEAVEN. Everybody else will burn in hell. You're not gay are?" "No sir" "Good"

The bartender looks at Jesus. "Is that how it is?"

"You know what, brother. Can I call you brother?" says Jesus. "I know you're a sinner. We're all sinners. But that was yesterday. I like you. Matter of fact I love you. My father does too. He's always going to love you. If you let me into your heart and follow my teachings of tolerance, love, and caring for your fellow man then you can come kick it with me and pops in heaven."

That's what I'm talking about. I'm kicking it with Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home