Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Ignorance is Bliss

"'cause they don't know no better baby."

That's what mom dukes used to say when I was a little man and would ask about all the bad stuff going on around me in Mosby Court. I woke up and saw some hardcore stuff. Drugs, fights, all the ghetto sins we witness every day. For the longest time I thought that was the answer. Now I know ma had it half right.

I woke up everyday in the same mess as everybody else, went to the same ragedy poor schools, same gunshot interupted sleep. I saw the same foul stuff. I made the tough choices everyday. I put in the extra work and worked hard to get somethng out of life. Then one faithful day in January 04 some random ass dude,or dudes, decides to break into my house and take everything they could even the damn couch.
The Damn Couch!!

"cause they dont know no better baby."

Ma they ate my pop tarts! They came in my house rambled through my stuff and before they left, they ate my pop tarts so they wouldn't get any hunger pains while carrying a loveseat on their backs. (tha bastids!!)
Yeah I'm still mad. I hate to give any excuses to those niggas that got me like that but I have got to concede a few points. First, America is not pro-black by any stretch of the imagination. Two, there are systems set up to keep African Americans down. Three, my generation has been devastated by crack, fatherless homes,blah blah blah. I can go on.

Maybe they don't know any better mama. I'll add to that. They don't want to know any better. I think that if they stepped outside of themselves and saw how they fell into the traps of the system, they would be depressed. If they ever looked at their lives and saw the crab mentality that had overtaken them and how they passed it down to the next generation through neglect and abuse, it would destroy what little self esteem they have. They would kill themselves if they ever woke up and realized that they had committed the most unforgivable offenses against their own people.

Don't worry niggas. Your ignorance will save you.

P.S.
I want to give a big shout out to the dumb ass, diaper wearing, mush mouthed, cockeyed, limp dicked, slew footed mutha fucka that stole my couch. I see you, you bitch ass muthafuka. Yeah I'm still mad!!

1 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't hold on to the anger. It's been almost 3 years.Besides your new couch is way better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home