Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Sharp I tell you!

I had a mind like a steel trap until I got a cell phone. I was a quiz bowl champion (OK, not a champion per se but we beat Weldon). I was sharp. Sharp I tell you!

Now I can't remember a phone number to save my life. I don't even know my new house number. God forbid I break this thing or lose it. I'd be lost as hell. It's eroded my memory very slowly but surely. I hate it but I love it. It does one thing I could never do...remember birthdays.

I'm anti-birthday. I never really got anything for my birthday so it was never special to me. Except for getting to change my age its served me no prupose for 25 years. I call myself transitioning into maturity as of late. Part of that is acknowledging that the world is more than just me. So I'm making and effort to right myself this year. Life causes people to value things differently. I accept that while my birthday this year will just be another Wednesday for me, birthdays for other people are another way to recieve love from their friends and family, another way to know that other people care about you.

I can dig that.

I'm anti-birthday but I'm not anti-spreading love. I apologize to every friend I ever had for not remembering their special day. I didn't mean to offend or hurt any of you.

I say all that to say....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEXIS!!
I miss you girl. You're one of my best friends ever. I wouldn't trade you for the world. Have great day. Don't drink the whole bottle!

Next year...birthday presents...

2 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's what's up. Thanks man. Miss you too.

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok. Let's keep it real. You did not beat Weldon. You cheated. Yeah I put it out there. The match was over, the decision had been made and Northwest went to the judges table to plead and cry. Yes, they did the boo-hoo boo-hoo we lost cry to convince the judges to change their minds. Meanwhile my team, the real winners, were outside getting ready for the next match. The Northwest quiz bowl team were just a bunch of cheaters! I know it has been like 8 years but I am still mad. I am mad as hell. Let's be real..they cheated. The sad thing is the girl on the team that got cheated...me...is about to marry the guy that did the boo-hoo crying to the judges, Mr. SOLOman himself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home