Thursday, May 04, 2006

Get Your Mind Right

Everytime some hiphop artist is involved in a shootout or beating or anything people always quick to get up in arms about violence in hiphop. "We need to do something about it" "This needs to stop" V103 even had the nerve, the audacity, to dust off "Self Destruction". Then after a long drawn out talkfest, in which they actually tried to convince me that the hiphop artists of today are out here as social activist and doing all they can to change the world, they proceeded to play the same music they always play. Violence, drug slinging and all. They're not ready to talk. Better yet they are ready to talk, but they're not ready to listen. So what are you going to talk about Solomon?

Water.

(Mos Def's voice)That cool refreshing drink.

I'm on that water. I was all up on soda for a minute. I loved me some sweet tea. I kept a pack of KoolAid in my jacket just in case something went down. What Dave Chappelle say? I want the purple stuff.

Thank the Lord for a little something called maturity. I went from big ass 5 sizes to big pants and t shirts to knowing what my actual size is with the hidden labels. Timbs and sneakers to Rockports and loafer. (I be killin 'em with the loafers yo). I also somewhere along the line managed to shake off my invincibility complex. I know people don't just live however they want without consequence. To live to be 80 or 90 you have to live like you want to be 80 or 90. That's why I got on that water. That cool refreshing drink.

Honestly I really don't feel that much physically better now that I'm on water. Its much more of a mental thing. Knowing that I'm drinking something that helps purify my body let's me feel like I'm doing the right thing. It made me take a closer look at all the other stuff I ingest daily. I changed my lifestyle. I'm all about nutrients and s&*#. Vitamins and s&*#. Living a long healthy life and s&*#. That's what I'm talking about.

I'm not smart enough to have come to this grand revelation all by myself. If it was up to me it would've been Rum and Coke to wash down my fried chicken and pizza. Huge, steroid chicken wings smothered in the closest artery clogging sauce. Thankfully, one day my beautiful fiance refused to turn the tv from Cheerleader Nation. I said "Is this what I have to look forward to for the next 20 years?" She replied "That's all I get is 20 years?" That's all it took to make me start to examine my life. I figured out how to make sure I was around for this lovely lady as long as possible. Now she gets to hear me complain about her tv shows for decades to come. Thanks to water.

That cool refreshing drink.

2 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Solomon,
Try to listen to Beethovens Symphonies. They really work.
Cor, calling you from Holland.

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am elated that you will be around to complain about my tv shows for longer than 20 years. Oh yeah...I love the new look with the loafers and straight leg pants. Goodbye to the way to big clothes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home