Thursday, May 25, 2006

Man vs. Thug

Women want a thug, huh?

When I think of a thug I think of Sherman from 8th grade. He was definitely the hardest mofo around back in the day. He didn't take s#$& from nobody, even teachers. He smacked some teacher back then(I want to say it was Mr. Comer). I believe his little brother was in the high school at the time. Everybody marveled at how high he was as he walked around school. They used to make him go to class for some odd reason. All he would do was twist his dreads and holla out profanity laced answers so people could laugh at him. I think they finally passed him out of fear and frustration because he was by far the dumbest muthaf#&$a I have ever met. He sold drugs (what self respecting thug doesn't?), got into fights damn near everyday, stayed high, had sex on campus, bullied the "nerds", and had several kids by the time I graduated (I don't think he ever graduated). He was a thug. I don't think he cared about anybody other than himself, or did a single thing of any real consequence his whole life.

That's what they want, huh?

They want that edge in a mate. A little flash and excitement. Riding around with a concealed weapon and a stash of crack in his shoe is pretty exciting. They want to know that at any moment this guy could do something totally crazy without caring about the repercussions. When he runs up on some guy in the Burger King line for standing too close to his woman it shows how much he loves you. They always bring up that "can't nobody give it to me like a thug". They want that strong, rough love. God knows nothing says loving like the smell of weed and sweaty balls in your mouth. Your whole life around ten minutes of ghetto passion. Forgetting all about how he spent your rent money on rims for an unpainted '85 Cutlass and Hennessey. How embarrassed you were when he came up to your bank job in a long tee with that fake ass grill he bought on your credit card, talking about "Where Keisha at? Tella c'mon." How he ain't never got no money but always got some hustle going on. Don't forget the bail money and the baby mama he still has sex with on occasion.

I'll admit I'm a little biased. I'm not anything close to a thug. Never have been. Never will be. I equate thugs to ignorance and laziness. Why would I want to get into fights all the time? Why I want to act all hard and not care about life? Ask any woman and she doesn't want that part either. She doesn't want the drama. She wants the toughness and the machismo. Not the bad credit and drug charges.

They've been bamboozled. Hoodwinked. The wool is over their eyes. In all actuality what you want is a real man. The attributes of a real man have been attributed to a bunch of low lives. A man is someone that takes care of his home and his woman. That has a job, plans for the future, loyalty and heart. A man makes his woman feel safe and makes her feel special. I'm a nice guy, fun to be around, and smart(and incredibly handsome). Make no mistakes that I will beat the s#&$ out of anybody that lays a hand on my family or my woman. I'm not going around looking for fights but I won't be taken advantage of by anyone. I stand my ground and take responsibility for everything I do. I'm a man. Not a thug.

Funny thing is some women will go out and waste half their life with a slack ass fake thug, then come back around, expecting a man like me to treat them like queens. I am held to this high standard of conduct. He'll f#&% up their credit, f#&$ up their cars, f#&$ up their house, f#%& them all over the city and leave them broke with kids and bitter as hell. You want me to deal with that?

That's funny.

A real man could've been f&#%in' you all over the city. Just as good with half that drama.

4 Comments:

At 1:51 AM, Blogger Cheetarah1980 said...

I had a thing for thugs when I was a teenager. Menace II Society made them so appealing. Plus, I grew up in the suburbs so it was something new and different. My obsession with rappers like Method Man didn't help.

I got over that attraction. You're right, women don't want a thug, they want a man. And honestly, the guys who claim to be nice, are often insecure, spineless punks who are easy to walk over. No woman wants that, so a lot of chicks end up with thugs, looking for those man qualities. The thing is they don't see that love and protection don't have to come with a criminal record, six babies mommas, bad credit, and ignorant friends.
I really don't know what my point is. I just felt like commenting.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Trish said...

Hey, thanks for the add on your blog roll. I'm adding you to mine.

I think that women do want a real man, but sometimes life gets in the way, or you make a mistake and pick the wrong guy. It takes a while to get out of that and over it.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Rebel1 said...

I'm glad you got over that thug thing.

Don't think all nice guys are weak and insecure, Cheetarah. I'm nice but believe me a few ladies have got surprised trying to walk over me.

Thank you for adding me to your list. I usually add good blog to my list so I won't forget them.

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It appears that todays teenager want the BBOY this type. I have a teen and I'm wondering what attracts her to the Mebad type boys. Too funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home