Thursday, June 15, 2006

TGIF

It might be because its Friday. It might be because it was hot this morning. Or because I had to take my car to the shop today. But you know what I feel lucky. Lucky enough that I'm not doing a gotdamnthang at work today.

A
GOT
DAMN
THANG

All day long. No preparing next week. No cleaning up from this week. No organizing. No designing. Nothing. Not...

A
GOT
DAMN
THANG

I'm taking the day off from work... at work. Anybody that tries to stop me or make me do something is getting the Kunta Kinte special. I'm chopping off feet today, bitches. Don't push me.

I'm gonna do this tag from Fallen Angel. Identify and give a shout out of appreciation to those who have helped or are helping me in my life. That's what I'm gonna do. Get your ipods out put on Anthony Hamilton Coming from Where I'm From, track one. "Mama Knew Love". I know its the same beat as Jay Z "Mama Loves Me" but Anthony Hamilton got that soul in his voice that makes it that much better. Look, you like having 2 feet right? Just do it.

The Fam gets a big shout out. I don't go through the day without thinking about them. All of them. Ma, Pop, 2 brothers, 2 sisters, 3 nephews. Can't live without them. Move to ATLANTA!!

Magic Mike and Reggie Lee. My other brothers. It's been like 18 years now right? Its way easier to deal with life when you have real friends like that. Reggie is in the desert doing his super soldier thing. I still match wits with Mike weekly. Reg is married with a cute little girl and Mike is on his way to owning Lowes. When we talk its like we're still cruisin through the country in a battleship gray Festiva. No power steering! All muscle taking the curves, remember that?!

Shirley the first person I met at ECU. Made leaving home for the first time much easier and much more fun.

Josh P the greatest roommate ever. Frat brother supreme. Talking in the room eating hotdogs on the George Foreman helped me keep my cool. Dez was there too. Can't forget my boy D.

Dre, James, Stan. They brought me into the mighty Iota Phi Theta Fraternity Incorporated. Gave me a purpose when I needed it and some wild ass memories. We ain't had to be throwin' it up like that Dre!! RICOLA!!

Alexis made that time in Greenville worth living. You don't know how much I hated being around Greenville til we became friends again. Move to ATLANTA!

ECU Dining Services for firing me. The best thing that ever happened to me.

Dave helped me get 2 jobs. Keeps me thinking about doing art as a career. We gon' make it Dave.

Jenny B. Who I love more than life. My measure for all real women. My first girlfriend. My biggest supporter. My best friend ever. Who showed me the joy of loving and being loved. One day the moon and stars will align and we will live in wedded bliss forever. For ever, ever? For ever, ever girl.

Outkast for making that good music that kept me up and hype for my late night paintings.

Everybody that read my blog and came back. You like me! You really like me!

That's it for now. Since I ain't doing..

A
GOT
DAMN
THANG

...at work today, I'm gonna write another blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home