Thursday, July 27, 2006

No Where (Littleton)

It's all right here. You don't have to go no where, young blood.

The road to the left takes you to school. To rolls of paper bound and stained with big lies and little truth. Black faces on white pages warping your mind to think their way. Ain't nothing for you there, brotha. 'less you wanna to be an Einstein. You wanna to be a little black Einstein? You wanna to read books? You get all the knowledge you need on the corner with me, young blood. Ain't nothing in those books you can't see right here. I guarantee it's stuff out here that ain't in those damn books. You can't put life in a book. This is life right here.

That road goes right into the system. Legal slavery. Workin' for massa. 9 to 5 every gotdamn day for a little chump change, you know. Whatever they tell you you're worth. $5.25? I'mma grown'd ass man. You can't bake a cake for $5. What you gonna do with that? I ain't no damn Mexican. You try to hustle and they gon' lock yo' black ass up have you stretched out doing the same damn thang for 35 cents a hour. Might as well kill ya for that. They gon' have to kill me, brotha. They wanna to cage me in a room 'bout big as that bathroom in there, they must be crazy, cuz. I can't live like no dog. They might as well kill me.

Well, that way is back where you came from. Can't go back there. Ain't nothing back there for ya. What you gon' wipe your daddy's ass? You got your daddy? You wanna to sit 'round wit ma til she die. Naw sir. They don't want you there with them. They did their time. They ain't finnin' to have you up in they face all the time. Your black ass got to get ya own place. Get ya own family. Do ya own thing out here in these streets.

Straight ahead? I don't know what's up there. The world ya know. I heard some things but.. but.. I can't tell ya. I can't even mess with that tho'. I don't know what's up there. Could be anything. Mo' people out to get ya probably. Naw man. I got every thing I need right here. See that sign. "Milk, Eggs, Bread, and Liquor" That's all you need right there. haha That's all you need.

I ain't got to go no where.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home