Monday, August 07, 2006

Super Solomon

I'm a strong black man. A college graduate. I hard working intellectual and I'm a comic book fan. Not a scrawny little wimpy geek. You won't catch me in the bathroom beating off to a Power Girl comic. I'm not one of those people dressed in a home made Batman suit complete with functional utility belt at a comic book convention. I will be at the convention buying trades and getting autographs from my favorite artists. (Tim Sale rocks!)

As I've grown up, the reasons I've loved comics have change. Since growing into an artist in my own right (self proclaimed artist, but an artist none the less). I'm not as amazed by the pretty pictures. (I'm still amazed but not as much). Now I love them for the same reason I enjoy novels and TV shows. I love the ideas behind it. The variety of characters being put into all kinds of great stories. Its really unbelievable how creative people can be and match it up with artwork. Still I can't help but have dreams of having some wild power going on crazy adventures.

What power would you have Mr. Solomon?

Well, I'll tell you. Matter fact, I'll give my top 3 coolest powers I wish I had.

#3 Green Lanterns power ring
All you have to do is think about the ring making something and boom a big green version of it pops up. No I wouldn't have a big green Escalade on 34s riding around the A town on my own big green expessway. It would be very tempting though. I'd still save people. Drop big green anvils on child molesters or fly around with my green jet pack stopping all this fighting in Isreal. Once all that was done I'd pick up Megan Good and make a big green house boat in the tropics and...well that's my wish.

#2 Magneto's magnetism
As much as I hated the Xmen 3 movie, watching Magneto rip up that bridge and fly over to that island was something special. Think about how much stuff is made of metal. Damn near everything! You could control most of the world! If you learned your power you could do all types of stuff. That is the bizness right there. The movie touches on the possibilities. I'd take it to the extreme and rule the world...I mean help people.

#1 Superman's powers.
They made Superman the perfect combination of power to cover every possible threat in the universe. He is damn near unbeatable. Not only can he fly (at supersonic speeds no less), not only is his strength near limitless (he can shift the orbit of the moon), not only is he super fast (races the Flash), not only is his skin nigh-invulnerable (bullets, missiles, asteroids nothing can hurt him), not only are all his senses superhuman (he tells you're lying by listen to your heartbeat,he can see through walls), not only can he breathe and create a tornado(not one of those halatosis joints, a real gust of wind), not only can he live in the vacuum of space unaffected, on top of all that he has the ultimate game over power...heat vision. Don't sleep on Superman's heat vision. IT IS DEVASTATING!! I could fly over the city, look down and vaporize entire city blocks!! I could look at you and melt the buttons off your shirt. That range of control makes that the ultimate ability. I could do whatever I wanted and no one could stop me.

Not that I would do anything and need to be stopped. I'm the nicest guy in the world. *smile*

What power would you want?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home