Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Eulogy

This weekend Mr. Married Solomon is taking Mr. Single Solomon out to pasture. There won't be any tears shed for Mr. Single Solomon. He had a good run.

His story was the story of many men daring to traverse the dating landscape. He lived the single life. There were good nights. Can I get a amen? I said there were good nights! There parties that wouldn't stop. I tell you they wouldn't stop so bad he had to take off work the next 2 days. (That boy wild!) There was Jose and Green Dragon all over the floor. And there were women. Oh lawd! There were women. Boy let me tell you.(Tell It! TELL IT!) Beautiful women that blessed that young man with the gifts only GOD can create. and it was beautiful. Gorgeous. Wonderful.

There were some not so good nights. Can I get a amen? I said it won't all good in the hood. There times he was alone with some drawings and a fifth of Jack. Late nights after work with no one to keep him warm. Yall don't here me. No one to keep the boy WARM... at night. Mr Single Solomon couldn't work away that pain even when he tried. When he got tired of the rejections and loneliness and and and isolation... he went to the job to get away from the pain. That would never work would it? Turn to your neighbor and say "IT WON"T WORK!" (IT WON'T WORK!)

You don't stop being hungry by going for a walk! You can't get your car going down the street by fixing the tires and checking the washer fluids!! I SAID YOU NEED GAS IN THE CAR BOY!!

I said he was out of gas y'all. He needed that woman to get him going. Y'all don't here me. That woman... was the only thing...that could get him going. What the book say? I Corinthians 13:1. What it say ?

("What if I could speak all languages of humans and of angels? If I did not have have love..")

There it is. LISTEN TO THE BOOK!!

("What if I could speak all languages of humans and of angels? If I did not have love then I would be nothing more than a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal,")

Like the blind man said when he was touched by God. "Now I see". You need love. I said you need love. Turn to your neighbor and say "You need love". (You need love.)He found his love with Jenny B. That's what he needs now. Her love. Mr. Single Solomon has lived his life and gone so far as he can go. He can do no more.

You don't mourn for the moon when the sun comes out.

There will be no tears because this is not the end. It's the beginning. A fresh start. Let's say goodbye to Mr Single Solomon. haha I say we don't need him no more. haha You're unnecessary. haha You're obsolete. You've been cast out of this LIFE!!

Let's wish Mr Married Solomon well as he goes forth.

Congratulations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home